Wednesday, November 14, 2012

EOC Week 7: The Pitch Final Project





Along our journey people have spoken about the exotic islands of Thailand and all of the tropical robust spices and flavors it bestows.  One in particular, is a rare Chili said to only bloom in January.  There were rumors of this Chili possessing, strength and agility.   I knew that this Chili would offer me everything I would need to prove to the world that I had the stamina to travel around the world in 80 days!  I couldn’t wait to arrive in Thailand to get my hands on it! However, it has been said that many men have had fatal reactions when they eat the chili’s alone.  I would have to find a way to eat them.   
                We were scheduled to land in the rice fields just as the chili was ready to bloom.  This just so happens to be when the locals celebrate the Chiang Mai Festival, the city explodes in color as the streets are filled with floats and parades.  This is the perfect time to quietly land without being seen.  All of the locals would be in town and we would have an opportunity to get in and get out.  If we should happen to be seen we will be dead men! The people of Thailand protect these chili’s like gold. 
                It is a cold January night and we are landing in a vacant rice field.  The chili’s are just up a small hill, we tip toe praying not to be heard. I can see the different colors of chili’s glowing in the dark, just as I go to reach and grab one I hear a crack in the darkness.  Just then a bolt of fire comes hurling at my head, someone is throwing fire coconuts at our heads, we grab as many chili’s as we can before we run back to the air balloon. We barely get out alive, as the fire is hitting the ground at my feet just inches away from me I get a wiff of a delicious aroma. The fire is smoldering the rice stalks beside me and then it hits me, fried rice; the perfect accompany to the chili’s!

No comments:

Post a Comment